1) Start with the base color and shape. Blend the tips a little.
2) Color it in a gradient. Add a few soft lights and shadows.
3) Start shading with big strokes with the second color. Remember that the lighter the color the thinner the strokes will become. Don't fill every place with the color, you still need to be able to see the base color after you are done. Most of the time light is on the top and sides of the hair (not always).
4) Continue with the third color.
5) Add the fourth color. Make the strokes (strands of hair) a little thinner.
6) Add the fifth color and again, make the strokes even thinner.
7) Add the final colors, which should be the finest strokes. Do not add them all over the hair, just aim for the places where light reflects on the hair.
8) Addidionat step : add a little light on a "luminosity" layer, and some shadows on a "shade" or "multiply" mode layer.
9) Add some more details until you are satisfied with the restults.
for the awesome color palette!
Base by :iconRikaDono:
Hope you find this useful. Every favourite and comment is highly appreciated